Today we are here with a very exciting battle and that is WordPress vs Blogger.
The battle is on from the very beginning as both were developed to extend the feature and also enhance the future of blogging and website.
Both of them have proved themselves and are best in blogging platforms.
Although WordPress and Blogger are the best in their own way. But still, there are several questions on each of them and the main question is which one to choose.
So today we are here to make you clear which will be best for you WordPress or Blogger.
Before starting the battle let’s start from the very beginning, that is from what is WordPress?
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source content management system. It is the simplest, most popular way to create your own website or blog. WordPress has a huge community of contributors and developers. They will provide all kinds of support. It was developed for the blog publishing system but now supports many other types of web content. WP is one of the most popular CMS in use today.
Application domain-like pervasive display systems also use WordPress. WordPress was first introduced in the market by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little on May 27, 2003.
You are free to download and use WordPress along with multiple add-ons for specific functionality and also can be customized according to individual demands.
Benefits of using WordPress as a platform
We are going to list some major benefits of using WordPress for our blogs, websites.
- Simple but outstanding and quite comfortable to use. If you are a beginner to the field you just can easily use it with few easy instructions.
- WordPress is fully Responsive, So we can easily manage our website from every computer and can be used by every screen size.
- As it is a self- contained system and no HTML editing software is required. We are free to create a new page, blog post, format text, can upload the image, and many more with additional HTML or FTP software.
- A search engine optimized site,” WordPress is SEO friendly which helps our site to get a good rank in google.
- No web designer is required to update our website. We can easily control our WordPress powered website.
- WordPress powered websites are fully customizable. That is our feel and look of the website is in our hands.
There are many more interesting key features of WordPress. We have only listed some of them. But trust us when you will use it you are definitely going to love it with all exciting features.
What is Blogger?
Talking about Blogger, “Blogger is a simple but effective blog-publishing service where multiple-use blogs are allowed with time-stamped entries”.
It was developed for blogging and developed by Pyra labs and bought by google in 2003, the same year when WordPress was introduced.
The blogs are hosted by google and simply accessed from a subdomain of “blogspot.com”.
Blogger is available in 60 different languages like Arabic, Basque, chinese ( Honn Kong, traditional, simplified), english (US, UK), German, Greek and more 53 different languages.
We are allowed to choose from multiple templates and also can customize them. The best part is “ We can also choose to create our own template using CSS”. Moreover on 27th Sep 2011 “dynamic view” was introduced and was built with AJAX, HTML5, and CSS.
Advantage of Blogger
Here we are going to list some key advantages of Blogger. There are millions of people in the world who start their first blog on Blogger.
- Blogger is free for those websites which are on a *.blogspot, com subdomain. Here we are going to get unlimited resources to run our blog. The best part is the SSL certificate, and that is Preinstalled.
- It is a simple but effective platform for blogging. Blogger is really easy to use. If you are new to the field you will face no problem using it. We don’t have to sign up to use Gmail, YouTube, or any other Google project.
- Blogger is a Google-friendly product. In fact, a Google integrated product which will help us to get a good rank on Google.
- A hosted blog platform is a Blogger. Trust us you will never have to worry about the speed and performance.
WordPress vs Blogger
|Owner Ship||We all know WordPress comes with a lot of freedom for us. We can easily use our own web hosting and custom domain which is enough to get complete ownership. This way we can manage our site easily using WordPress.||In the case of Blogger the management of a blog website is a bit different in comparison to WordPress. As we have mentioned before, Blogger is owned by Google so the content we upload in our blog website is not fully controlled by us. But Google too has no right to stop or access our blog until the post is going in the wrong way.|
|Setup||WordPress is quite easy to use and needs a very simple step to set it up.||Blogger is simple, awesome and easy to use blogging platform.|
|Design Option||WordPress comes with a huge amount of different design along with 7500+ free themes. There are more than 2000 themes for blog only. All of them are best in quality and give outstanding layout to our website.||Blogger comes with limited design. All the designs are simple but can be used easily. As we know Blogger is for blogging so all available designs can be used by blogging websites.|
|Flexibility||Talking about the flexibility of the WordPress. Trust me WordPress comes with outstanding flexibility along with 55000+ plugins. And you can use the plugin and design your site the way you want to.||Blogger create a limit in flexibility. You need to be bounded while working with Blogger.|
|Security||WordPress is a safe and secure platform but you can use a security plugin if you need more security.||Blogger is also a safe and secure platform like WordPress but now any additional plugins are available for more security.|
In this content, we have included every simple that you need to know and also the small battle between WordPress vs Blogger. Both of them are best in their own way. You can choose any of them for your blog website according to your need.
We hope you like the content and keep us supporting. Feel free to send your queries related to the article through our comment section. We will back to you with your answer to them as soon as possible.
You may like how to start a WordPress blog easily. Check it out.