Are you looking for the best content management system? Or not sure which CMS platform to use for your new site?
There are many site making platforms and people choose them according to their needs. Content makes your site powerful, so you need to look for the best content management system for your site.
As your website grows, you may want to change the features of your site. So, it’s necessary to choose a platform that is flexible, with room to grow.
So keeping these things in mind, today we came with a list of the best content management system. And if you’re searching for the best CMS platform, this article is exactly for you.
In this, we will get a chance to explore the 12 best content management system in 2021.
So let’s get started:
How to Choose the Best CMS for your Website?
All of the above options are just amazing. But still, we believe that WordPress.org is the best content management system. Over 35% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. Since it is easy to use and provides user-friendly features, users get it more useful. It also comes with several plugins, themes, and templates. You can build any type of website through it.
But still, if your requirement matches with other CMS platforms, you can go through them. After all, are of the listed CMS platform comes with attractive features. So point out your requirement and choose the best option.
12 Best Content Management System for 2021
WordPress.org is one of the best content management systems (CMS). It is used by around 38.6% of all the websites in the market which is almost 63.5% of the CMS market. Since it is a free platform, you can create any sort of website easily.
Whether it’s about eCommerce stores, portfolios, forums, or others, everything can be created with easy access. WordPress.org comes with several themes and plugins, just get the best one for you and create your dream website.
- Easy to use and setup
- Provide full control and ownership of your website
- Offers beginner-friendly features
- Highly customizable and extensible
- Comes with tons of themes and plugins
- Self-hosted platform
- Has a strong and large community
Joomla is an amazing CMS platform that comes with several pre-built templates. It is free to use, but you need to need to invest in hosting and a domain name.
Joomla is integrated with several eCommerce extensions. So get it to build a powerful eCommerce website. Joomla is packed with customized features, so it will be an ideal option for developers rather than beginners.
- Provides lots of flexibility and plenty of options
- Does not require coding knowledge to deal with it
- Open-source CMS
- Integrated with an eCommerce extension
- SEO Optimization
- Mobile-friendly features
- Multi-user permission level
Likewise, Ghost is the best content management system (CMS) specifically designed for bloggers. It has a wide community which means you are getting full support from its team. It will help you to customize your blog website in an attractive way.
Ghost is a flexible CMS, which means you can create any type of blog as per your need. If you want to start your blog website, then through Ghost and create your very first blog.
- Fast, global payments
- No transaction fees
- The fast, simple, and completely fantastic security system
- MIT licensed and open source
- Search engine optimization
- Flexible content management
- An extensible rich editor
Drupal, one of the best Content Management Systems (CMS) comes with highly powerful and expandable features. Being a self-hosted platform, Drupal is providing amazing features, but quite useful for the expert one.
It is an open-source CMS that allows you to create all kinds of websites like blogs, personal websites, and more. So prefer Drupal if you want to build a highly customized website.
- Self-hosted platform
- Multilingual sites support
- Helps you to create advanced websites
- Builds with top-notch security
- Highly scalable and flexible
- provide robust retail
- Allows seamless translation
Another CMS platform in this list is Magento. It is the best Content Management System for eCommerce websites. Since it is available in the free version, you can easily start with it. Here, you will get a different payment gateway for your online store. If you want a customized eCommerce website, you can go with Magento Commerce. But it is quite expensive.
- Highly customizable
- Comes with third-party extensions
- Allows you to grow your business easily
- Enable you to connect different payment gateways to Magento
- Create content with an easy-to-use interface
- Personalize for specific customer segments
- Update pages quickly
Similarly, PrestaShop is a freemium and open source CMS platform. As per PrestaShop statistics, more than 300,000 e-businesses worldwide use its technology. The platform is mainly used for online stores. Also, you are flexible to select a fully-hosted or self-hosted version. Because of its powerful built-in functionality, PrestaShop is known as the best Content Management System.
- Easy to access
- Allows you to upload files to sell customizable products
- Add products with variants
- Amazing built-in functionality
- Allows you to create product categories and subcategories easily
- Easy customization for configure payment, shipping methods, and products display
- Configure the checkout page
TYPO3 is a powerful content management system that helps you to build simple and attractive websites. From simple blogs to customized e-commerce websites, you can build anything using TYPO. If you are experienced in web development, you can easily handle this CMS platform. Besides this, TYPO3 comes with amazing development and editing workflows.
- Open Source Enterprise CMS
- Responsive Backend
- Multisite from the Core
- Scalable Web Application Framework
- The large, active global community
- Unlimited extendability
- Development and Editing Workflows
If you are searching for one of the simple and versatile CMS platforms then, Squarespace is best for you. It is very easy to use, and you can build any type of websites like blogs, portfolios, or online stores. With its drag and drop designing tool, you can make easy customization. Since Squarespace is a beginner-friendly, anyone can start with it and create a basic website.
- Easy to use
- Comes with drag and drop design tools
- Extremely versatile
- User-friendly and beginner-friendly CMS
- Free hosting service
- Built-in SSL encryption
- Allows to built excellent website without having large invest
Now, moving toward Wix, it is the best content management system and able to gain huge popularity within less time. With its user-friendly features, you are able to build a complete website in no time.
Wix is really a flexible platform that provides you access to all required elements. Not only that, it comes with a drag and drops option which is helpful for better customization of your website.
- Powerful drag and drop editor
- Easy to set up
- Attractive built-in templates
- User-friendly features
- Built-in SEO
- Social media integration
- Fully-hosted platforms
Shopify is one of the popular CMS platforms which is best for an online store. Here you will get everything required for building any type of eCommerce site. The best thing about Shopify is, it is simple to use. Now, even a layman can deal with it very well.
Being a hosted platform, Shopify will take care of your domain and hosting services. Hence Shopify is one of the top WordPress WooCommerce competitors and the best content management system.
- Comes with drag and drop interface
- Integrated with Point of Sale
- Provides well-detailed documentation
- 24/7 customer support
- Comes with plenty of extensions
- Integrated with different payment gateways
If we talk about creating an eCommerce website, we cannot forget about WooComerce. It is not only the best content management system but also the best eCommerce platform. Now, create your e-store with easy access via WooCommerce. This CMS platform is able to gain the attention of its users with its amazing features. Since it has a wide community, you will get 24/7 support.
- Easy to set-up
- Flexible and secure payment system
- Modern and neat interface
- Mobile friendly
- Comes with several free and paid extensions
- Unlimited customization
- Easy to manage product categories
Last but not least, WordPress.com is a hosted version of WordPress. Some of you might get confused between WordPress.org and WordPress.com. But let me clear you, both are different. Herewith WordPress.com, you will get an all-in-one CMS platform that’s hosted for you. You can use any free subdomain or can buy a premium one for better customization. Since it is easy to start with, create your blog website with easy access.
- Easy to start with
- Free to use
- Provides different themes
- Built‑in social sharing
- built-in sitemaps and other SEO tools
- Create a mobile‑friendly site
- Fast and friendly support
Finally, we did with all list CMS platform and all are best in their own way. By keeping your requirement in your mind get the best option and start your blog website today. Go through the list properly, and pick any of these best content management system.
We hope, you get this article helpful to you and you will able to find the best CMS platform. Feel free to send your queries via the comment section. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Also, see Best WordPress Alternatives.