Creating a page in WordPress is similar to creating a post. Posts are intended for dynamic content whereas pages are intended for static content. About Us, Contact Us, Terms, and Conditions etc. are the examples of pages. In this blog post, we are going to share you about how to make pages in WordPress.
Creating a WordPress Page
Creating a WordPress page is an easy job. Follow the below-mentioned steps to know more about how to create a page.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard (www.example.com/wp-admin) with valid login credentials.
- To get started adding new page, go to Pages Section on Admin Menu
- Click on Pages > Add New
- The WordPress Page editor looks similar to Post Editor. Only some section are different here.
- Add the Title of the Page
- Customize the Permalinks if you want to change it.
- Add your Content to the content section. You can easily add media, blockquote, headings etc. in this section. You can use Visual or Text mode editor.
- Set the Featured Image for the Page via the Featured Image section on the Right below the corner.
- Publish section is exactly same as the post. You can preview this page, save this page draft, schedule this page to publish later or can publish immediately.
- The Page Attributes section was absent on Post dashboard and it applies here as a parent page and template to your new page. For the Parent section, you can arrange your pages into hierarchies. For example, you could create this new page with additional pages under it. There are no limits to how many levels you can nest pages. This section is helpful to create Child Page and Parent Page.
- The Order box section allows you to order your page numerically. Pages are usually ordered alphabetically, but you can choose your own order by entering a number in this field.
- Check your page with the help of preview button. If the preview is fine, click on Publish button to add and publish the page.
Hope, this blog post is very helpful to create a page in WordPress. If you have any feedback or suggestion, comment us in the below comment section. For more information, subscribe our YouTube channel and follow us on Twitter.