Are you wondering about how to add Favicon to your WordPress website? Adding Favicon on your WordPress website is easy. Follow this blog post to know about the process to add the favicon to your website.
What is Favicon?
The favorite icon is also known as “Favicon” is a tiny image associated with the website that appears next to your website title in the browser. It is also known as “Site Icon”. A favicon has often neglected the aspect of websites & online branding. It is important for your website because it helps to :
- Establish your visual identity online
- Improves user experience
- Helps strengthen your brand
- Creates instant recognition of your website
You will need a 512×512 pixel image to upload and you won’t have to bother converting it into .ico format.
Below are steps to add the favicon to your website. Let’s see them:
- First access the WordPress Customizer by going to Appearance > Customize.
- Navigate to Site Identity menu.
- In some themes, this option will say something different to Site Identity. Like, Site Title, Tagline and Logo or Site Logo & Header (inside another menu called General).
- No matter whatever the option says, we have to look for one option similar to those listed above.
- Now, you’ll see Site Icon section.
- Select the image for your site icon (Favicon).
- Click on Save and Publish button to save the changes.
Now, refresh your website and yes there comes a favicon on your browser. Make sure you have the right size and format of the icon before you use it.