Do you love to write? Are you looking to start your own blog? If yes, you might be in search of a better platform for it. So let me tell you, you are the right way. Today in this article, I am going to discuss the best blogging platforms.
Actually, blogging is the best way to connect with people. With this, you can express and share your ideas with the world. You can make a blog on any topic you are interested in like business, technology, fashions, and others. It actually, expresses your passion and hobbies.
There are several platforms available for blogging, but choosing the best one is quite a tough decision. Here we came with a list of the best blogging platforms which will give you a better user experience.
Let me clear you, blogging is not only about writing or posting photos. It is much more than that. So if you are about to start your blogging journey, you have to be quite serious about selecting the blogging platform.
What should you look for in blogging platforms?
- Easy to set up
- Low learning curve
- No requirement for any coding skills
- Flexible and Versatile
- User-friendly features
Now let’s go for the list of blogging platforms. These all are the best in their own way. I suggest you go through the list. By the end, hopefully, you will get your best option. Let’s get started:
Here the list started with WordPress.org. It is one of the best blogging platforms or you can say the world’s most popular blogging software. With this, you can create a blog within a few minutes. Since WordPress.org is self-hosted, you need not sign up with a WordPress hosting provider. You will get full control over your blog’s future.
Many beginners may confuse between WordPress.org and WordPress.com. let me clarify for you, both are different ones.
- Provides control over every aspect of your website
- Allow you to add extra features like forums, an online store, and paid membership
- Offers thousands of free themes and plugins
- Helps you to create SEO friendly URLs, categories, and tags for your posts
- Security, performance, and backups are maintained at your own risk
- Comes with a bit of a learning curve.
It is free software but you need to pay for your domain name and hosting. You have to pay according to the price planning of the domain and hosting.
Wix.com is a hosted platform that is mainly set up to build websites. But it is popular too for blogging. One can add a blog to its website using its Wix Blog app. The best part is, that it does not require any coding skills to start with Wix. Any blog created with Wix is supported for portable devices. It means, now your visitors can see your work easily from their smartphone or tablet.
- Easily customize your site with several beautiful templates
- Use of third party apps for better customization
- Easy to use drag and drop tools
- Required no coding skills
- Easy to setup
- Limited free third party apps
- Templates are unchangeable
It offers a free account but is extremely limited with full of Wix branding. If you go for its paid package, it starts at $5 a month. With this plan, you are getting a custom domain, 500MB of storage, and 1GB of bandwidth.
Likewise, WordPress dot com is another amazing platform for blogging. It provides a simple and easy-to-use layout. It is also a free platform that offers several services like hosting, custom domain, social media integration, and many others. WordPress has a large community of users, so you will get support anytime if you go through any issues. I think it is an amazing way for starting out on your blogging journey.
- Comes with Hosting
- Easy-to-use interface
- Built-in community functions
- Includes social bookmarking and RSS feed
- Dedicated support
- Proper maintenance
- The free version is very limiting
- Few customization options
WordPress.com is open-source and completely free. But the free version comes with limited services. If you go for its premium plans, it ranges from $4-$25 a month.
Another attractive blogging platform on our list is Gator. It offers a drag and drop tool which is very helpful for creating different websites like blogs, business sites, an online store, and others. It is not a WordPress but an amazing all-in-one blog platform and hosting solution. Since it has an easy setup, anyone can deal with it without any technical hassle.
- Easy drag and drop builder
- No technical hassle.
- Easy to setup
- No headaches for Backups, performance, and security
- Offers free domain and SSL certificate
- Easy access to add an online store to your blog with just a few clicks
- It is not free but comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee
- A limited number of apps and extensions
The Starter plan costs $3.46/month along with a certificate.
Similarly, Tumblr is a free blogging platform that is easy to use and set up. Originally it is created for “microblogging”. The highlight of this platform is, that it mainly focused on the community of bloggers. It means you will get a wide range of options for sharing and reblogging. But it does not focus on text content but on photos and GIFs.
- Free of cost
- Easy to use and customize
- Comes with hosting with the use of a subdomain
- Sharing and re-blogging social features
- Offers several design options
- Allows you to publish images, videos, audio, and other multimedia easily
- Limited Features
- Difficult process for backing
Tumblr is completely free to use but you need to pay for a custom domain, third-party themes, and apps as per your requirements.
Last but not least, Squarespace is an amazing blogging platform that offers a wide variety of options. You need to be a code or an expert, beginners with basic knowledge can also deal with this. You can expand your blogging journey very easily with Squarespace. Here you will get your own analytics dashboard which will keep a record of your website’s traffic.
- Easy to use
- Integrated with Hosting and custom domain
- Comes with professional design templates
- Built-in SSL encryption
- Ecommerce functionality
- Limited to use of the platform’s features only
- The personal plan offers a limited number of pages and contributors
Squarespace operates through a subscription model where you have to choose from one of two plans. The Personal plan starts from $16 per month whereas the Business plan costs $26 per month.
Well, I have covered the overall description of all the listed blogging platforms. All of the above platforms are elegant in their own way. So I suggest you go through the list one by one. Go for its pros, cons, and price planning, and select the one which catches your requirements.
Hopefully, you get this article helpful for you. If you have any queries regarding these articles, feel free to share them with us via the comment section. We heartily accept all those and try to answer as soon as possible. Keep visiting our site for more interesting articles.